Rufus download is a free and open source software which helps to format and create bootable USB flash drives. Rufus is the best and most effective way to make bootable drive among the software in the same category. There is few top ranking application such as Universal USB Installer, UNetbootin to create boot drives from ISO Images. However, we highly recommend you Rufus download because it’s faster than all others and easy to use.
Just think you have an ISO Image file of Windows, Linux, Ubuntu or whatever and you need to boot your computer with one of the above operating systems. Most of the users do this procedure using CD or DVD but if your PC have no CD/ DVD drive or it does not work at the moment then, you will have to move with another option. That’s why we suggest you install Rufus download Bootable USB creator.
System Requirements for Rufus Download
Rufus has only designed for the Windows and doesn’t matter whether it’s 32-bit or 64-bit. Even it’s only supported with the Windows operating system, you can create more than 40 bootable USB from ISO including Windows, Ubuntu, Linux, Fedora and more. All the later versions of this booting tool v1.1.0 allow creating bootable USB from ISO Image.
- Download v2.12
- Download v2.12 portable
- Older versions
Create a Bootable USB with Rufus Download
Components you have to find
- The latest version of Rufus
- ISO Image file that you need to install
- An USB flash drive which has a capacity more than 8GB
Begin the installation
- Open the recent version of Rufus download
- Connect your USB drive to your Windows PC. It will automatically detect your device and fill the options
- Click on the icon as shown below then open the ISO file which you wish to boot
- Rufus will ask you to format your device so, you should copy the files in the pen drive, before doing this process
- Click “OK” to start
- That’s all, once the process completed you’re ready to install new system with your bootable USB
Advantages of Rufus Bootable USB
There are lots of valuable features on the Rufus boot drive creator as we noticed earlier. Mainly, it will help you in a case where you need to build USB installation media from an ISO, work on a system that hasn’t installed any operating system also, it can use to run a low-level utility. Rufus won’t ask for an installation progress, you can simply download and run the application. USB flash drive is more helpful than the physical disks because easy to carry and does not getting damaged like disks. In the recent update, the developers have been added various languages so, it will easy to use if your language has added.
This is the easiest way to convert your flash drive into a bootable device. You can download Rufus from our direct download links and the credit of this application goes to developer Pete Batard.